Why is Tilos training useful?
The Tilos scheduling software for linear projects has exceptionally rich and specialized display and scheduling capabilities. There are four main focuses in the operation:
- General usage of the graphical software-like interface
- Layout of charts including additional distance information for time-location diagrams
- The actual linear scheduling including resource planning
- Presentation and design of meaningful, professional time-location-chharts
Although you can familiarize oneself with the usage of Tilos itself, experience shows that this is a time-consuming and often ineffective process. Often there are gaps in knowledge. If you need to be effective quickly, Tilos training or individual training / coaching can help.
If you would like to get involved in the many functions of Tilos in a targeted and efficient manner, Planavista Consulting with its many years of experience in a wide range of Tilos applications / projects and user groups is an important contact.
Even if you only want to use limited functions, this is analyzed in the training and presented to you exactly as it makes sense for you.
Our strength is:
We adapt individually to your goals and questions
and shape the Tilos training with you and for you.
Because we are often asked for the contents of the training, we have put together a list for you. Of course, this is not complete or exhaustive and can of course be adapted individually to you:
Tilos Training, Content
A two-day training course is suggested and has proven itself. On the first day, the most important basics are imparted, which are then deepened, repeated and practiced on the second day according to individual knowledge and interests. It also explains best practices and ways to import data from other systems (such as: excel, project). After two days, the employees should be able to quickly schedule even large projects with special presentations and layouts. If a specific project is pending, this project can already be started on the second day: a very good start into the field, in which a result that can be used is already produced
Day 1: Tilos-Training Basics
- Understand and use the user interface
- Creating Tilos project files / template concept
- Creation of objects, tasks incl. task calculation, coloring, annotation.
- Insert, position and edit graphics such as plan sketches, etc.
- Links, Dependencies, Reschedule
- Chart-Layout und Cell-Conzept
- Create your own views and cell systems including grid and display options
- Create and use distance profiles
- Cell contents: Time-distance-diagram, Time- and distance scales, Distance profile diagrams
- Annotating the chart: Legend, Stamp fields, Logos
- • Exercise (a total of about. 45 minutes)
Day 2: Tilos-Training – Deepening
A. Deepening Basic knowledge
- Create and Use Calendars
- Additional library elements
- Layer- and Filter techniques
- Gantt chart basics
B. Alternative Wahlthemen (je nach Interesse der Teilnehmer bzw. vorausgewählt von Trainer)
- Import and Export (XML, Primavera, MS project, …)
- Time profiles and basic Import of Time-Profile diagrams
- Kosten- und Ressourcenbibliothek
- Allocate Cost and Resources
- task calculation from resource allocation
- Report Creation: Resource bar chart
- Report Creation: Resource and cost diagrams
- Gantt-Chart details
- Mass Haul Diagrams
- Creating a Tilos project (preferably an actual real project)
Here you will find the Tilos training content summarized in a PDF file:
Other services, e.g. Creation and assistance for Time-Location-Charts for your project: Services